Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Rough Going

Well yesterday we had a litter born early. She had them on the wire and I found them in time to save some I hope. She's a first time momma and wants nothing to do with the nest box. We finally had to remove it because she kept tipping it and destroying the nest. She isn't feeding them so we are having to hold her a few times a day so that they can eat. Three of them look really good, considering. The other one is hanging on but I don't know for how long. He is much tinier than the rest but he is determined to eat so I am rooting for him. I am doing everything that I can to save the ones that are left and I hope that some of them make it. They are Mr. and Megans babies and with all the difficulty we had convincing Mr. to breed in the first place I don't know if we'll ever get him to again. Keep your fingers crossed, I will post pictures in a few days if they make it.

No comments: