Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Chaplin Creek Fiber Festival






















This weekend we went to the Chaplin Creek Fiber Festival and it was awesome! They had a historical days thing going on at the same time and we got to see mounted shooting, the historical village, and lots of other neat non fibery booths. We had a really great time, the weather was beautiful and the people were friendly. I can't wait to go back next year.




















When we're traveling we usually try to stay at a small family owned place but we had a hard time finding that kind of place around Franklin Grove so we ended up going to the comfort inn. For a chain hotel it wasn't bad. The receptionist gave us a discount when we told her that we were in town for the festival and we stayed in the whirlpool suite and got to make it into a nice mini vacation for us.


















On the second day vince finished his second weaving project (a nice rug) and I worked on spinning some of the merino/angora roving that I had dyed. It had been calling my name since I'd put it out in my booth and finally I just couldn't take it anymore, it had to be spun. It's spinning up nicely and I can't believe I waited so long to sit down and play with it.
I also picked up some amazing Merino Fleeces with the kind of crimp that makes you drool, not that I needed more fleeces but sometimes you just can't help it.

No comments: