Tuesday, November 17, 2009

After the dust settles

Sept/oct was such a traumatic time for me and my family. Being in the hospital, separated from my kids, not able to go home and then having our little man early. Then the almost full month of driving an hour and 45 min. to the hospital and back everyday to see him and the struggle to get him off of oxygen and ready to come home really took it out of me.
Now, after almost a month of having him home we are finally starting to settle down, I don't think I will ever recover from the stress and trauma of that time, but I think that I am finally starting to move past it.
I still kind of can't believe we all made it through in one piece and though I have always been pretty laid back when it comes to the kids I will admit I am still pretty anxious about Cassius. He spend alot of time in the sling or in my arms. Even now he's chilling out on the boppy in my lap as I type.
I've been taking my anxiety on the dyepot and creating some really beautiful stuff because of it and I think this whole experience had helped me grow. Being able to pour all this emotion into my yarns and fiber has been an immense help and I am starting to to plan for next years fibers fairs and other fun events.
After coming through all of this I feel like I can handle anything and it is pure joy to be at home with the family. I think that I appreciate it all so much more now.

No comments: