Friday, July 16, 2010

Hoosier Hills Fiber Festival

We went to the Hoosier Hills Fiber Festival June 4-5 in Indiana and had such a great time. I procrastinated and did not reserve us a hotel room and the husband totally surprised me by thinking ahead.


We had so much fun there and got to meet people that I'd been talking to online forever, the selection was huge and I bought quite a few little things for myself there. I spun a beautiful yarn straight from willum on the first day and the second day he was the raffle prize and went to a really nice new home.
That night I started trying to talk to the husband about where we were going to stay and he got this smile on his face, so I knew that something was up. He just kept driving until we got to this hotel, and it looked pretty run down on the outside, I'll admit, I was a little worried but when we got inside it was much nicer and as he was talking to the front desk I realized that he had called ahead and reserved us a room! My husband is so not usually the type to do that sort of thing so I was almost in shock (and a little worried). They gave us our keys and we headed towards our room, imagine my surprise when we opened the door and walked in!
It was a cave!! He had booked us the Cave Room at the Greenwood Indiana FantaSuites!!! I'd never heard of them before but it was the most awesome place we've ever stayed. It was difficult to get pictures since due to the cave ambiance it was pretty dimly lit in there but I moved the lamp around a bit and managed to get some good shots. The bed was comfy, the jacuzzi was almost big enough to swim in, the shower was huge, the cave paintings on the walls made me smile, it was just awesome. Too good for words.







So now of course the husband is in charge of researching and picking out where we stay at all future fiber fairs, it's something that he seems to enjoy doing, and obviously he's good at it. I can't wait until next year, I think we'll try out a different suite next time :)

No comments: