Saturday, January 14, 2012

Getting There and Surgery

Well I've gotten some things added to the destash page so don't forget to check it out! www.buymorefluff.blogspot.com

Now on to the surgery. I brought Cinna home in November. She is a beautiful loyal amazing little doxie who had the worst breath imaginable. I kinda figured that she was a super slick cat box raider. I was wrong. A few days ago she yelped when I touched her mouth, but she has a habit of yelping when a sudden movement or touch startles her so I didn't think anything of it but then the next day it happened again The kids were petting her and she yelped when someone touched around her mouth. Hmmm. Went and got the husband to hold her down so I could take a look and I see this. Not a very good picture but it's the inside of her mouth and that thing on the top is a stick. So we went and got our supplies, some antiseptic, tweezers, oragel, and a towel to wrap her in. I numbed it and went to work. It came out fairly easily but what surprised me (other than that the stick had obviously been in there for quite a while) is that the reason she was yelping was not the stick. Nope, one stick she could handle. But little miss jump in the chair to scout for leftovers must've snagged a hot wing at some point because behind the stick was a chicken bone wedged at a diagonal with one end stuck on the stick and the other sunk into her gums. The first picture shows the side of the stick that was stuck against the roof of her mouth and of course our bonus
item, the chicken bone. The second picture is the side of the stick that you could see when you opened her mouth and yes, the red stuff on the bone is where it had stabbed into her gums and lodged. So that was gross. But it's four days later and already her breath is better, she is more active, eating better, and all around happier.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

poor thing. glad she's feeling better!

jean said...

Oh my...poor Cinna. It's probably why she was so nervous. I'm so glad you could help her.