Thursday, January 12, 2012

How things change

It's funny, when I started this blog it was supposed to be about my rabbits, about my fiber, about shop happenings.. but really it's become much more personal than that and though it wasn't originally intended to be that way I'm glad it has.
There were periods of time that I haven't blogged, the strain of a growing family, financial woes, and the pure destruction that 5 or 6 kids bring with them have seemed too depressing to actually post about, especially on a blog intended to promote fiber-y goodness and such but I don't think that they are as separate as I'd once wished them to be. I am a fiber artist, I am a person struggling through life, a mom, a wife. I've made mistakes and grown through them. I've fallen down and had to pick up the pieces more than once. I am by no means perfect.
However, I'm still standing and though I've realized that while at this point in my life I just can't run a full blown fiber shop I just can't throw it all away either.
So. Where am I now? We're well settled into our house, the move did not go well but it we did make it through. We had a beautiful baby boy in July which brought our total up to 5 and now we are fostering an extra so currently we have 6. I still have my bunnies, even at the worst point I couldn't give them up, thought we are down to almost all satin angoras now, which I'm actually pretty pleased with, though I do sometimes miss my germans. Even at my worst I couldn't put away my wheel or carder so I've got an immense stash of yarn and batts and such that have been patiently waiting in their cedar lined closets to be loved. I've learned to really really knit, and kind of/sort of crochet. I've struggled with postpartum and the absolute crazy that has always come with the first three months of every single one of my pregnancies. And mostly I think we're all in a good place now. We still have bad days, the house is still in desperate need of an addition and it's horribly messy about five minutes after I finish cleaning it every day without fail but I think I'm finally getting to the point that I can deal with it. One benefit to being here in this house is that I can relax a little. It's a happy house. So this year is going to be about doing what I can with what I've got and putting the rest on a shelf to be dealt with at a later time. Here's hoping that this year will be better than the last.

No comments: