Saturday, December 6, 2008

Not too much

Not too much going on, my little terrorists have been keeping me pretty busy but today I got our water bottles and food bowls sterilized and hopefully when I clean cages tommorrow I will scrub down and sanitize cages. I got another one of my girls plucked today and it's some pretty good stuff, will hopefully get it in the shop in the next few days. I have a bunch of angora that I am getting ready to dye up in neat colors and some alpaca in white and black and... actually I have a room (yes, a whole room) of stuff that I should be posting... but I am sooo lazy! I have started crocheting again, it's been a long time since I messed with it but as usual I put it down for a few months and when I pick it up again I somehow have improved. I actually hadn't planned to do anything but spin for a while but the other day I ordered a set of bamboo crochet hooks from 8seasonknitting. They are shorter than most of the hooks that I've seen but not by too much, the perfect size to stick in a purse or something and I really like them, they are smooth and wonderful and inspiring! I plan on ordering another set because these were actually supposed to be a gift but the shipping was surprisingly quick so it shouldn't be a problem. trying to decide what recipes I want to add to the list this x-mas. We have our staples: white chocolate cranberry oatmeal cookies, eggnog cookies, buckeyes, caramels, butter mints, cakey bites, and margarita balls and every year I like to try something new to mix it up a bit but this year my neighbor (and most favorite person in the world) and I are going to split the cost and make goodie bags for her family and friends too which means that I can try at least 2-3 new things !!! Now, she's not really the baking type but it will still be nice to have help with all the clean up and such and I am thrilled about the new recipe options, I am considering some sort of chocolate drizzled/or flavored carmel corn/popcorn ball things, and a bunch of stuff that I've seen on etsy has been inspirational but I have decided that this year I absolutely have to have an apron. I'm serious, I've never been an apron type of girl but it's become a thing and now I just feel like I need one. Funny thing is, every time that I find one that I like and add it to my favorites list to come back and look at later so that I can make sure that I love it, it ends up getting sold. Oh well, just gives me more excuse to shop...

No comments: