Saturday, December 13, 2008

One of Those Days

Oh, it's been one of those days! My little phinny is walking!!! and while I am excited, lately it's not been as much of a good thing as you'd think. Today for some reason he is in a horrible, no good, bad baby mood.... He has been alternating between gleefully finding new and inventive ways to wreak havok and screaming angrily at the top of his lungs for no apparent reason. So I hold him and try to comfort him and nothing works, I get fustrated, I put him down and walk away for a moment, he gets up walks over to where I am and throws himself down at my feet screaming, I pick him up, he screams louder, I put him down and walk away, he follows me, and it just keeps going until he sees something that he could get into ( like eating the cat food) and then when I take it away it starts all over again. Add to that my two year old has decided that today is a good day to pick on everyone, no one is safe, the dog, the cats, her brother and sister, me.... usually she is so good, but today, she has pushed everyone's buttons and has a nice scratch across her cheek from the least tolerant of us (clyde the kitty) to prove it. multiple time outs and a nap have yet to solve the problem, and poor maggie actually asked me if she could go and stay at the neighbors until daddy got home. Needless to say that all of my fiber activities for the day have been put on hold, as has school because after the painting fiasco this morning where we got up for a moment to wash our hands and phinny managed to crawl across two rooms, somehow knock a thing of paint off of the kitchen table and paint himself turquoise in the time it took to wash the paint off of our hands at the sink I decided we could do the rest of it tommorrow. That was his first bath, shortly after that he got into the cabinet that someone didn't retie shut and got the lid off the cinnamon and spilled it EVERYWHERE!!! You have no idea how much cinnamon is in one of those litttle jars! So we took another bath. I am ready for bed and I've got hours to go. I have more than once seriously contemplated crawling under my computer desk to hide. Right now they are running and crawling at top speed back and forth through the kitchen and living room screaming at full volume and giggling and while my head aches and my sinuses hurt and I would like it to stop but I am afraid to tell them too because at least they aren't destroying anything right now. I still have a ton of alpaca and angora that I have dyed up and need to pick out the vm and post it. Maybe I'll get it done after the monsters fall asleep.
On a more positive note, I tried something new in the bunny shed that seems to be working really well, I started putting thier handfuls of hay in the door when I shut it so that it is accessable to them but it isn't all over the bottom of thier cages. It gets shut in the door and they can pull as much as they want through and now I know exactly who is eating thier hay and how much, not to mention there's not near as much waste. All the buns are doing well and buttercream is just about ready to be plucked. And in a few days I will try to feel around and see if cass is for sure pregnant! I hope so, I really, really want some baby bunnies!!!

No comments: