Monday, February 20, 2012

It's Official!

Spring is here!!! For me, the arrival of spring is signified by one thing, and one thing only. The return of my owls. Every year without fail, for the ten years that this house has been a part of my life a pair of wonderful hootyowls have nested somewhere in the woods behind this house from spring until early fall. Last night I heard them talking to each other and I was so happy to have them back. I have spent so many nights outside in a comfy chair, or perched on the roof stargazing listening to those owls. I remember the first summer that I spent with my husband, and this house belonged to his dad at the time, sitting outside and hearing those owls and just falling in love with this house (and the husband too, of course).
On that note, I decided to let our new broken boy (who's official name is Floppenstien) have a visit with the girls and though he's young he appears to have done the job so we may have some beautiful broken Satin Angoras born next month.
I've been spinning like crazy lately, really enjoying myself, and I've ordered a bunch of little things so I can give my beloved babe a tune up so that I can keep it up.
So welcome to spring everyone, this year is going to wonderful, I can already tell.

1 comment:

jean said...

It must be a lot of fun to work with soft rabbit hair and actually make pretty things with them!