Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Garden

Well, after weeks of work I am finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. I have everything besides my peppers, melons, pumpkins, peanuts, and some flowers in the ground. I ran a bit short on compost as I decided to top dress all of my raised beds with another layer this year so on monday we will go out a buy a truck load to fill in the last of it. The bunny play area has a nice thick covering of dandelion and clovers so that when they get out to play they have good stuff to munch on and I have been trying to make sure that at least one "playgroup" gets out each day. My husband thinks it's ridiculous that I have organized them into groups but certain bunnies only get along well with certain other bunnies and if I try to mix it up too much it ends up as bunny battles instead of bunny playtime. I am so happy now that its warm again. About two more weeks and the bunnies will have their new shed with AC and more space. I've gotten my first Iris blooms from the 200 or so ( not kidding) that I dug up and brought here last year and my empty lot beautification is going well, I can see the seeds that I planted sprouting up all over the place. It's going so well that now I am wondering if I could maybe plant some other things there like a few pumpkins that I may not have the space for. I may just try it. Every morning I go outside and look over the gardens to see what new miracle has begun to sprout or grow or bloom I am constantly amazed at what a miracle it is to plant a seed and watch it grow.

No comments: