Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Great Garden of '09


Today I transplanted a ton of seedlings into their second pots and planted a 2nd round. The garden is going to be awesome this year! I made about a million paper pots and mixed compost and topsoil until my kitchen floor was covered in dirt. Now I am hoping to have tomatoes in may! Other than plant stuff I haven't gotten much done, right now I am going through and checking to see what seeds I have tons extra of and putting them on etsy. 99% of my seeds are heirlooms that I have been saving for years, every year I try a few new varieties but I have alot that were passed down from friends or grandparents. I like to think that my girls will grow up and have gardens and grow them too and remember where they came from as they watch those perfect tomatoes ripen and grow. I am off to bed, it's been another long day....

No comments: