Monday, May 25, 2009

We're Expecting!

Somehow I lost track of time! I woke up this morning and started my day, feeding the kids, getting my coffee, sat down at the computer and saw the date..... Jumped up and ran to the bunny shed. Now on the 23rd I checked both girls and was 99.9% sure that my french girl was not pregnant but I was having a really hard time deciding on my Satin girl. So I put my buck back in with them in thier playspace outside and the French doe was very receptive andhopefully this breeding took. My little satin passion though was not, she grunted and squeeked at him and he left her alone. I had planned on checking again yesterday but somehow got sidetracked so when I realized the date and ran out there I first checked the French, definitly not pregnant (or at least not from the previous breeding) so then I go to check Passion. Passion is usually such a sweet girl, running to the front of the cage for love and treats. I reached my hand in there and she crunched up in the back of the cage, when I tried to feel her tummy she made unfriendly noises at me and almost tried to bite me! So I grabbed her out and sure enough, big hard baby belly, you can feel where her milk is coming in, and she is not feeling very friendly either. Soo I started rushing around setting up the nusery cage, brought her in and right away she started nest building activities! I usually like to bring them in a few days before so that they can get used to the different cage but time just got away from me. I am really excited though! I remembered just in time and should have baby bunnies by tonight! Will post pictures as soon as they're here.

No comments: