Saturday, May 2, 2009

My first batts




Well, the morning sickness has been overwhelming and I haven't gotten much done lately but I did finally get pictures of my first batts. 7 oz. of alpaca, cotswald, silk, angora, merino, and two colors of firestar. I have already gotten a good portion of it spun up and now I am getting ready to recard about half of it and add in more of the same alpaca that I have dyed purple. Then I will spin it all up and ply the lighter one with the darker one and have a pretty purplish alpaca blend yarn. Right now it's probably about 60% alpaca 40% other goodies and it's just so awesome. It's the first of some yarns that I am spinning for some alpaca owning friends and I am so excited to get this one done and start on the next one.

1 comment:

Homestead Wool & Gift Farm said...

Love love the new batts! Can't wait to see your yarn- sounds like a fun spin- and fun results!