Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Kids are so amazing

So anyway, last night I put a roast and veggies and such in the crock pot, when Maggie (6) asked me what I was making I told her that it was a roast and we'd eat it tomorrow, and she asked, Ooh, the one with the gravy mommy? So I said sure, I'll do the gravy for it too.
Fast forward to today, did not feel like doing anything. I'm getting ready to carve up the roast and feed everyone and she reminds me about the gravy... and I said in my best whiny kid voice, do I have toooo? and she looks at me and smiles and says, I can do it mommy! So I figured what the heck? She's watched me cook enough times. I got her out what she needed and set her up at the stove and stood by watching as my magical beautiful daughter proceded to show me how it's done. she put butter in and once it was melted started with her little handfulls of flour until she thought it looked right, she remembered how to brown the flour/butter and then started added the juicy stuff from the roast and stirring and before I knew it she had made a wonderful gravy for the roast all on her own! This kid never fails to amaze me. and all I can think is, this is why I teach my children. This is what it's all about. These little things, which are huge accomplishments. I am so thankful for the opportunity to stay at home with my monsters, to take things at our own pace and explore everything and anything that interests us. To have a husband who supports (and usually encourages) us. My children inspire me to try new things and re visit old. They keep me motivated and filled with wonder, They inspire my creativity, and re affirm my lust for life.

No comments: