Sunday, December 20, 2009

Today's little bit of Joy

So I'm in the laundry room, switching laundry, it's right before bedtime and the husband is in the bathroom with the kids presumably getting teeth brushed. Now my son, Phinneas will be 2 in Jan. We are kind of sort of potty training. He regularly takes his diaper off when he has to go. He regularly sneaks/climbs into the bath tub and goes...... Yes, that's right, the bath tub. (he will ocassionally go on the potty for my daughter, but is currently refusing to do it for me. ) Anyway, he was running around with no diaper because I hadn't gotten around to tackling him to strap a new one on yet and they're all in the bathroom and then my husband comes into the laundry room carrying his pants.
And I look at him kinda funny and say, problem? So he says, I got peed on. Apparently he was using the bathroom and phinny seeing daddy and wanting to be a big boy, deciding to stand there and pee too. Except that he's short and can't reach the potty standing up... Sooo, he peed all over daddy's leg.
Now I thought this was hilarious, vince, not so much. But I was laughing so hard I almost fell over.
So there's a little bit of joy for the day, and I personally consider today's episode a step in the direction of potty training!

No comments: