Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Look what I found!!







Please ignore the horrible mess in the background!! My vaccum is broken and I just couldn't wait to take pictures.


Okay so I found this wheel. It's pretty, seems to be in good condition. It's missing the thing that connects the treadle to the wheel, the drive band(s) and part of the flyer. I think that it is fixable.


It has made in Canada Stamped on the bottom but no other identifying marks. I want to clean it up nice but I don't know what to use. My neighbor (who is very handy) is making me a makeshift piece to connect the treadle to the wheel so that I can give it a test run and decide what to do with it. It does not seem to have an orifice, which is really confusing me, and I can't find anywhere that would adjust the tension either. All advice is appreciated. I am just so happy that I found it, it's so pretty!

No comments: