Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Overwhelmed

The last few days have been rough. I feel so overwhelmed. Messy house, misbehaving children, horrible wool eating dog. And an ever growing list of to do's that is really starting to freak me out. I think it's mostly pregnancy hormones but I am having a rough time. The husband was wonderful yesterday, helping me make a dent in the house after I spent an afternoon crawling around underneath it trying to reconnect the a/c wires that one of my darling kitties helped to disconnect. So I decided to make him something wonderful for dinner. This is perfect for more towards summer when the garden provides half of the meal or more but I just couldn't wait any longer.

Tomato salad:
cut up four large tomatoes into slices or chunks
cut up a large hunk of mozzarella into slices or chunks
tear up a good handful of fresh basil leaves
mix it all together and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil

Serve with Fresh bread and wine. Homemade bread is the best but for store bought my vote goes to LaBrea Bakery Rosemary olive oil round loaf (commonly found at schnucks) . For the wine we had Bella Sera 2007 pinot grigio. Which is my favorite wine for light summer dishes, especially those with fresh tomatoes or a light pasta. The kids get white grape juice.
My three monsters will clear thier plates and want more everytime I make this and my maggie always helps to prepare it.
It's nice and quick after a hot day in the garden or doing other labor that does not leave you in a cooking sort of mood. This is best eaten outside somewhere shady and wonderful so that you can lay back and relax afterwards.

No comments: