Saturday, February 27, 2010

hmm

Today is better. Sometimes I let things get a little out of perspective and I start to freak out a bit more than I should. Being a mom, and a wife, and a person is hard. Being someone who isn't exactly mainstream is a bit harder and I am often so driven that I start to loose track of things.
I've been very introspective lately, whic is odd in itself because usually I'm so busy with kids and fiber stuff that I don't have a chance. I am constantly amazed that I have become that person who says things like "In Bed!" or "Don't look at me in that tone of voice!" . That I am someone who can create something as wonderful as yarn (which is much more... important than some might think) or children (also, very important :)
That I am so young and still so old, all of these things, and where my life has taken me are a source of wonder and it gets overwhelming sometimes.
I think that I will go and spin, and contemplate, and think happy peaceful thoughts. The kids are in bed and the husband has offered to feed the rabbits.

1 comment:

Sidonie said...

I came across your blog, and in particular the last 2 posts, 2/26 & 27. We have a small farm here outside of Rolla, raise a few fiber animals, organic gardening, homeschooling, take in foster children, and have parented 13 of our own. So, clearly I can speak from experience when I say....."this too shall pass". I still have to remind myself, after 35 years of parenting, that time makes everything look different. I tend to think I can do it all, and OF COURSE, I cant!. You remind me of myself, years past, before I learned the all important lesson of living in the moment while looking to the future. Taking all the richness and blessings that just this moment/day has to offer, and knowing all the while, that tomorrow, it will all look different. You are welcome to take a peek at my blog, which is mostly about our life, a little about the studio, and occasionally makes sense of it all. {{{hugs} (we all need one once in a while)
namaste, Sidonie