Wednesday, March 31, 2010

and more

Lost one of my girls today, same mysterious swollen spot and sudden death. Pulled every cage out of the shed, scrubbed every inch of it, put husband on a ladder to get down any webs, searched for holes and cracks, checked screens for holes, disposed of current bale of hay, cleaned and scrubbed the cages individually, I think it might have been a wasp or something ( are rabbits allergic to wasp stings????), found a small nest/hive thing on the porch right by the door and now it is gone.

I just hope that we killed or removed whatever it was, I don't think that I can handle loosing another one of my fur babies. This month has been a hard one.

My glasses seem to be holding together this time, won't be able to get a new pair until... well, eventually I'll get a new pair.

My little darlings somehow broke (or otherwise it magically broke on it's own) the mouse pad on my laptop so I had to go out and buy a new mouse (after a major meltdown)

soooo have had laptop six 1/2 months and so far it's keyboard has stopped working properly, it's screen has been shattered (it's now hooked up to my other monitor), and the mouse thingy no longer works.

My husband shattered a crock on the porch this morning and I promptly sliced my foot on it, then when I went to yank out the chunk in my foot I cut my finger. Yes, this is getting somewhat comical. I could go on, there's actually more but really, I don't even want to think about it.

On a good note, while out and about we drove past a christian resale shop and to my amazement I saw a human powered push mower sitting right out front. I had to stop but I didn't really have any money, was down to my last $10 before we got the next paycheck but still, I had to stop and look. I've wanted one soooo bad for at least the last year. I made the husband go and look, knowing that he would come back and tell me how much it cost and we would drive away but there was no price tag on it and I guess he felt sorry for me because he went in to ask about it and the man followed him out and they talked and then husband came over to the van and tells me, that it's a donation. and I'm like, what? and he explains that the wonderful person who donated it just requested that the person who took it made a donation to the church's childrens charity. Well, we needed $5 in gas to get home so I scoured the van for change and donated $5 plus all the change that I could find and brought home an awesome new mower. we stopped in at his uncles on the way home and replaced the missing bolts and then we oiled all the moving parts once we got home and it's so awesome!
One of the neighbors came over to check it out with her kids and they were so interested in it everyone wanted to try it and soon enough my whole back yard had been mowed! Everyone thought that it was so neat, even the husband is converted.
now, I know what one of those mowers actually cost new so I'm thinking that we are going to sell our old gas guzzling beast of a mower and then I'm going to go up there and put half of what we get for it in that donation box

Anyway, that was my bright spot in a long month of horrible, I'm really hoping that it's a sign that the coming month will be better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow- good and bad news! Sorry to hear that about another bun! I hope little Mirakel ( my bun ) is ok!!!
Someone was most definitely looking over you this morning, in regards to the mower! Thats awesome.
I have tried to email you but they have been coming back to me..here's my number 563-320-9063 give me a call sometime so we can talk bunny!! or let me know your number and ill call you!
Thanks
Amanda ( knittingfor5@aol.com )

Celtic Hare said...

I have my fingers crossed about the mishaps surrounding you. :- (

Just a thought about the rabbits. Do you treat for coccidia--Sulmet or any of the other coccidia drugs? If not you might try that plus an ivermectin dosage. Repeat treatments seven days later. Just a thought.

Vici

KimmieJean said...

Your lawn mower story - I absolutely LOVE stories such as this one. It so inspires me knowing God does provide and, usually, at the most unexpected moments.

Thank you so much for sharing. The reason I came to your site is because I am interested in getting a lop eared or lion face bunny. I haven't even found your section on bunnies yet! LOL

Thanks again for sharing. :-)

KimmieJean