Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Another day of excitement


Well, first here is a picture of my new girl, a lovely little lilac tort. French doe from Celtic Hare Rabbitry. Her name is Megan May and she is a sweetheart! I am so happy with the buns that I got from her, if you are in the Ohio area and looking for french I would suggest getting ahold of Vici.

Yesterday I went to visit my friend Kati, she has new angora buckling and the most adorable little shetland cross lamb that I have ever seen. He is more puppy than lamb, I just wish I would have thought to take pictures while I was there! We got to spin together and catch up and she let me borrow one of her drum carders! I made my first batt today, well actually half of my first batt. I wanted to see how a color/fiber combo would work it's two different shades of firestar, blueish silk, white angora, purpleish cotswald, and purple, blue, and white superwash. I love it so much that I decide to wash up some white alpaca from a friend and as soon as it is dry I plan to recard and add a bunch of it in and it will be the first of a bunch of really awesome yarns that I am spinning for them. I am so proud of myself! I picked up the drum carding pretty quickly with no mishaps or issues so far. AND I searched last night about cleaning it and saw that someone is using a shop vac to clean thiers so I am going to try it when I am done, I would be thrilled if it realy is that easy. I plan to add more silk and more sparklies to the batt when I add in the alpaca but I am really pleased with how it is turning out! I will post pictures as soon as the alpaca is dry and I get to card it in.

No comments: