Saturday, April 18, 2009

Shearing day
















Okay, obviously I have fallen behind so my next few post will possibly be a bit out of order. So much has happened and I have horrible violent morning sickness so it's hard to get much done. On Tuesday we went to shearing at Big River Alpacas, Mariposa Farms Alpacas and some others were also there. We had so much fun! My husband got to play photographer and I got up close and personal with the alpacas and loved every minute of it. The shearer was so efficient, finishing an animal in about five minutes, at first I was stunned. It all went so quickly, everyone worked together and really it went so much more smoothly than I had imagined. It was a great day, alpacas are usually a bit standoffish and I really got to touch them and examine fleeces and I feel like I learned alot. The babies were my favorite though, after shearing they are so tiny!I brought home fleeces that I saw come off and couldn't keep my hands off of and I learned that alpaca spit smells like poo. I have tons of spinning work to do and have already started washing fleeces. It was the most awesome day and I hope that I get invited back next year!

1 comment:

Mariposa Farm Alpacas said...

You have my vote for next year!