Saturday, April 25, 2009

They did it!!

Well today, because it's hot and I had nothing better to do in the heat I decided to try to breed my new French buck with my Satin doe. They did it so I should be expecting a litter next month. Then, just for the heck of it I decided to put my Satin buck (the one who just won't do it) in with my new French doe and who would have guessed, he did it too! So now I am expecting two litters! I really did not expect Mr. to ever be interested in a girl, it's been over a year of trying but I guess love was in the air today. I am so happy! I have been shoveling compost for days now and have gotten lots of stuff in the ground. When it cools off tonight I might try to get some more tomatoes in, they are ready and I need to get it done. I am now on to planting flowers, melons, herbs that didn't make it through the winter, and extra this and that. I am so happy though, my mint, chocolate mint, lemon balm, tyme, and sage all made it through and are starting to go nutts. My rosemary looks like it is considering coming back to life, the pumpkins are sprouting in thier usual spot though I have no idea how I get pumpkins that I didn't plant in the same spot every year. I swear I picked every single one of them last fall. I also have tomatoes on the side of the house that come back every year, though they always come up late. I have tons of weeding to do in the flower beds and tons more compost to shovel and disperse. I wanted to add another raised bed behind the house and fill it with hollyhocks and other misc. but I am running out of time and It's hard to get it all done with phinneas getting into everything. The weather has been hot and I need to go get all the fans out so that I don't roast. Morning sickness has me on the couch quite a bit lately but I have been tearing through books like I used to before the kids so it's not a total waste of time. There's yet another cat that someone moved away and left behind so I am planning another trip up to get animals fixed. It will have to wait though, this spring has not been kind to the unowned kitties and so far we have had one get snakebit and almost die and then this newest one had a disagreement with someone and has horrible gashes around his eye and one that is in the inner corner. I am putting stuff on it and it looks as good as can be expected but he's lucky, just a hair to the right and he would have lost his eye. This year only brought in a few cats, each year it is less which makes me happy because I know that it is due to me and of course www.barcstl.org I could never have done any of this without them. When we moved out here there were at least 30 cats that lived in or around the dumpster. Thier spay/nueter program has reduced that # greatly as I have gotten them fixed through them and then paid their shots and other things on my own and found most of them good homes. This year we have had three tom cats and a single female kitten found. One of the Tom's and the little girl I already found homes for but need to get fixed and the other two boys will get fixed and then probably just stay with me, They are the ones that have been injured and I don't see them ever being content as being indoor housepets. Then of course there's Opus who didn't come from the neighborhood but found me all the same. It is hot and much easier to sit at the computer and type than it is to venture out and try to work. The heat makes me sick and lazy and the kids are restless. Maybe we will go outside and see if we can arrange the sprinkler in a way that it doesn't soak the laundry on the line.

1 comment:

Homestead Wool & Gift Farm said...

wow- you put me to shame! What a busy person- and all of it sounds wonderful! We are going to try to reclaim our yard and gardens this year- two years of unplanned construction has done 'wonders' for the mess!!! Have fun!