Monday, April 20, 2009

Sheepy goodness







On Thurday we went to visit my friend Debbie at Redbud Lane Farm. We took on of our French babies out for her and got to see her lambs. She raises the most wonderful Shetland sheep and a bunch of other critters too. I don't get out there very often to see her, they are about 3 hours from me but everytime I go I am struck by how horrible it is that all of my favorite people live so far away from me! Seriously, if I lived closer she wouldn't be able to get rid of me. Of course I got some scrumptious fleeces while I was there too, If you are looking for Shetlands in the Missouri area she is the person to go to, her sheep are loved and it shows. They all come running when "mom" calls, they are friendly and tame and as a handspinner the fleeces are to die for. I can't wait until we have the space to bring one or two home. It was a really great day and I was so glad to have made it out there, I can't wait to go back and visit again and hopefully I can convince the husband into it sometime this summer. By then I will have gotten a chance to spin up some of those awesome fleeces and there will hopefully be a new baby donkey to ooh and aah over.

No comments: