Friday, February 6, 2009

Awesome




First I would like to say how awesome I think it is to get all those supportive comments on yesterdays post! You guys really brightened my day and this morning I pulled the beast back out of the closet to practice some more. I've got another yarn that needs to be plied and plying is easier than spinning from roving. Today I wanted to show off another batt that I really loved spinning and the yarn that it turned into. The batt came from squambo at etsy. I really love her batts, they are tons of fun to spin and have all the sparkly stuff a girl could want. I spun it a bit thinner than usual and plied it with a a soft creamy white wool roving that I had been spinning to practice spinning thinner yarns and it came out so pretty! I could so see something for a little girl made out of this. I posted it for sale in my etsy shop . I am really excited about the yarns that I have been doing lately and I have been washing up fleeces and making some really awesome art yarn rovings and really been getting some stuff done. I set up a gate in my kitchen doorway so that my bunnies can hop around and get some excersize for a few hours a day and now I have to be careful because when I step over the gate I get mobbed by seven little furry monsters. The kids are behaving today and I am on my second cup of coffee, the day is wide open.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved reading about your "bunns"....wish I was familiar on how to spin etc. I'll have to look into that!! Thanks for marking my "etsy"site. I'll keep peeking back at your goods.

Rebecca

aka..Ireland Rose