Monday, February 9, 2009

A beautiful day in the neighborhood

Today was rather nice, I met another fiber person who lives pretty close to me, found out that some fiber I had been planning to buy was cheaper than I had thought, the weather was nice if a little rainy and I am in a pretty good mood. The buns are all doing well, Tigerlily is plucked and much more comfortable. The babies are loveable hugable fuzzy balls of cuteness who like to entertain me with thier acrobatics as they hop around my kitchen floor. I am working on a very pretty yarn out of white angora and green sparklies and I am really pleased with how it is coming along. I am reading quite a bit lately, I started colleen mcculloughs rome series again because I liked it so much the first time. The kids are amazing, especially on days like today when I remember that sometimes I just need to sit back and enjoy them. I am really trying to focus more so that I can be more productive, I just have so much that I want to do that sometimes I just end up all over the place and don't get anything accomplished.
Oh well, speaking of accomplishments.... Yesterday I made the most awesome chicken noodle soup from scratch from stuff I had just laying around the house. It is soooo good! It has lots o' chicken to start with and that wild rice stuff and noodles and carrots and potatoes and celery and onions and red sea salt and fresh ground pepper and dried rosemary, thyme, and cilantro from my garden this summer. I did cheat and throw in a few bullion cubes for extra flavor but everything else is totally from scratch! Did I mention how wonderful this soup is? I was especially proud when the husband smelled it and started eating it cold right out of the fridge. That's when I know it's good!

No comments: