Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A day in the life of

Okay, so I am pretty boring. I know it, I've come to accept it.... Lately I have been trying to pick apart my days so that I can figure out a way to get more done, of course, I've been unsuccessful. Maybe I just need stronger coffee. My average day: Wake up between 7:00-8:30 (Phinneas is my alarm clock in the morninings and throughout my day)I Feed phinny and then I make coffee, feed kids, dogs, cats, myself, and check on rabbits. by 9:00 I am seated at me computer with a giant cup of coffee checking emails and planning my day, sometimes if the coffee is especially good I am also spinning on the drop spindle at the same time. Usually by 10-ish I ask the kids to clean up thier dishes and shut the tv off, the radio comes on and I attempt to clean the disaster that we call home, by 11:30 I have at least got the kitchen cleaned up enough to start dying or washing whatever wool I had prepared the night before and I do that for at least 20 min. Next I am on to whatever I did days before and I take what's dry and either put it in a bag for later use or photograph it and package it up for sale, then it's back to the computer to post whatever I just took pictures of and I usually knit or crochet or spin while sitting. Then I finish up whatever wool project was going on in the kitchen and lay it out to dry. We start working on school and go until we are hungry and then it's time for lunch. After lunch phinny gets fed again and takes his nap, on a nice day it is straight outside with the girls and the dogs to change rabbit cages, shovel compost, or otherwise work on the gardens. by 4:00 we are inside and phinnny is waking up, we finish up whatever school stuff we had been doing and get anything that needs to be mailed ready to go, I tend to slow down, get the kids a snack and we play or read or do something together. I also try to groom at least one rabbit a day. sometime between 6:00- 7:30 we have dinner, sometimes the tv comes back on if channel 9 has something interesting on and I get out the beast and try to work on spinning for a bit, the kids pick up thier toys and are supposed to clean up thier rooms. We do baths for the ones that need it and then brush teeth and read stories and tuck in, I sit down to feed phinny and try to get some reading time in for myself, usually I end up reading out loud because he gets upset if I don't. Phinny is in bed by 10:30 and I get whatever wool I want to work with tomorrow in to soak and try to finish up any projects that are almost done. I feed the rabbits and sweep out the shed, I fold the days laundry, and do the other things I didn't get to during the day until I am tired and then I crash. Today I am trying to finish up my phat fiber samples, I have run out of some bags that I had planned on using and I am having trouble with writing up the labels but I have some really neat stuff and I am really excited about sending it in!

1 comment:

spotted dog farm said...

it's always interesting to hear how people structure their days - thanks for sharing. i've been trying to come up with a better system for getting stuff done. it sounds like you manage to get a lot done while being incredibly busy! sorry about your hand, btw, i hope you're feeling better.