Thursday, February 19, 2009

Motivation


Today has been awesome! I woke up this morning with the kind of motivation that I have not had since...... hmm, the beginning of last spring. Oh well, I got so much done today, I am so proud of myself! First I got out our brand new blower and groomed every bun except the babies, then I updated the Etsy shop in a big way and got everything that I posted packaged up all nice and ready to go. Then I sent messages to some of my previous customers about the mailing list that I am starting, then I finished two yarns that I have been putting off for a while. The best part? The day is not yet done and I've still got enough of a coffee buzz to keep going!A couple of things that I wanted to cover today. First I want to thank Jacksbluejane for telling me how to oil the wheel. I can actuallly treadle slowly now! Before it was so hard to treadle and the instructions said nothing about oiling before use and I would have never known. Also Sara from spiderweb specialties who twisted my drive band around and now it is not popping off! However, because it is suddenly so much easier to treadle I have to learn to treadle this beast all over again because it's a totally different wheel and the take up is once again a major problem. But this time I have a bit of past experience to go on and I confident that I will relearn it and maybe not hate the beast quite so much! Next, If you would like to join the mailing list for my shop and recieve emails about updates and secret sales you can email me at punkjordane@earthlink.net with mailing list in your subject line and I will add you in! and lastly, the picture is of my beautiful Opus, who maggie decided might be cold going outside and somehow managed to get a sweater on him! It just made me smile so I thought that I would share. OH! almost forgot (the horror) I got the best thing that I have EVER spun (except angora and camel) in the mail yesterday. Butterflygirldesigns has these butterfly bits, which are little samples of her full size batts and I ordered some and I cannot say enough good things about them. I LOVE them! Seriously I am using them as a reward, last night after struggling with the beast until I was actually yelling at it and on the verge of tears again I sat down and spun one of them on my drop spindle and the world was right again. I have shown everyone that has passed my way how pretty they are and it has actually inspired my neighbor to want to knit again!

No comments: